This picture shows what can happen when you experience a flood in your home. If the water is left to sit long enough, secondary damage will undoubtedly set in. The picture shows a common secondary damage called carpet delamination. What you’re seeing is the separation of the carpet. The primary and the secondary backing are coming unglued and when this happens the carpet is very weak in those areas.
This will appear as bubbles or wrinkles on the top of your carpet. This can be repaired but can be very costly. Often the course of action is to remove the carpet for replacement because the cost of repairing the damage is greater than replacement. If we were called when this Tampa water damage occurred this most likely would have been prevented. I cannot stress the importance of calling for help to manage a flood emergency. The costs are too great when it comes to your home or business being turned upside down. Not knowing what to do next or how this unfortunate emergency is going to affect your life.
Remember that everything that is hydro scopic will become affected during a water damage emergency if left unchecked. This means that all your furniture, papers, pictures, walls, clothes, shoes, drapes, wicker furniture and wood items will start to absorb moisture and then if left uncheck, could become damaged. While writing this article I’m reminded of what is most important to me like my daughters pictures she made for me when she was very young. Yes I still have many of her pictures on the walls as she wont let me take them down. One picture is of a duck. This duck she make me has four legs. Later she cut them off because she was embarrassed but I talked her into taping the legs back on. That picture to me is worth more than gold. I hope you understand how important it is to protect those keepsakes and know that they simply cannot be replaced.
This is a quick list of what you can do when your house is flooded.
1. Don’t panic and slip and fall. Think safety first.
2. Calls a professional water damage company now. The more time your water damage is left unchecked, the more damage you will encounter.
3. Protect your self. That’s it, don’t handle anything in standing water or try to move something heavy on slippery floors. It’s just not worth it.
Dry Solutions offers many different services, this means we can take care of all the different services needed to finish your home in a timely manner.
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Tile & Grout Cleaning, Grout Color Sealing
- Carpet Repairs & Re-Stretching
- Mattress Cleaning
- Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Infrared Leak Detection
- 24 Hour Water Damage Tampa Restoration, Structural Drying and Repair
- Carpet & Upholstery Protection
Follow These Steps To Get Help Fast!
1. Call us 24 hours at (813) 428-1288
2. Our certified technicians will arrive within 90 minutes
3. We dry your home or business & bill your insurance directly