Many people like their food to be hot and spicy and what better way to do this than to add some Tabasco sauce to the food you are eating. This kind of sauce is really great when you are enjoying chicken, pizza, and other food items. Just a few drops of the Tabasco sauce and your mouth will certainly be burning with flavor.
While you are enjoying and using Tabasco sauce on the food you are eating as you are watching television there may be instances when you accidentally spill the sauce and get some of it on your beautiful rug. This can be a nightmare as the bright red sauce will certainly ruin the beauty of your rug.
Cleaning up this mess is of utmost importance thus you should immediately take action in removing the ugly stain that the spill has caused. To guide you, here is some very helpful advice on how you can clean up the Tabasco sauce stain on your rug.
• Get some paper towels and start to blot the Tabasco sauce that you have spilled on your rug. Always avoid wiping or rubbing the spill as this will do no good. Just carefully blot it using the paper towel until you have removed as much of it as you can.
• Pour a few drops of water on the bright red stain that the spill has caused on your rug. This is going to be very helpful in preventing the stain from drying right away. It will also help dilute the stain so that it will become easier to clean up. After you have added the water, get some more paper towels and blot the area again several times.
• Now that you have diluted the Tabasco sauce stain, making a cleaning solution is going to be next on the agenda. You can do this by combining a teaspoon of dish washing liquid with one cup of warm water. This is a very simple yet potent cleaning solution that will surely get rid of the ugly Tabasco sauce stain on your rug.
• Get some of the cleaning solution that you have made and then pour it on the stained portion of the rug. Afterwards, get a piece of clean white cloth and then repeatedly blot the stained area with it. This is going to cause the Tabasco sauce stain to gradually become lighter until eventually it will be completely gone.
• To finish things off, rinse the area that you just cleaned using some water and then dry it with a clean towel. This is to help avoid having any residue that could cause build-up or damage to your rug fibers over time.