This is what happens when your floor gets wet from pipe breaks/water damage. The picture above shows the threshold buckling as it swells from being in direct contact with water. This flooring is pergo, which means it will really absorb a lot of moisture and unfortunately be impossible to dry back to a pre loss condition. This secondary damage can occur in anything that is hydroscopic which will red ally absorb moisture when the relative humidity is very high.
The flooring will have to be removed because saving it is impossible. When it’s impossible to save the floor is removed to speed up the drying process. If we didn’t do this we would be drying something that was going to be throne out anyway. Most everyone dislikes the idea of removing the floor they paid a lot of money to have installed but the consequences would be more costly if left in place.
The number one thing you can do when you discover that your home has been flooded is to call a professional restoration company to prevent secondary damage and dry your home to prevent other damage like mold.
Other items in your home like furniture, paper products or wicker items should be removed right away before further damage can occur. Waiting till tomorrow is going to be to late. Save what you can and call a professional Tampa Water Damage company to remediate your loss.
The restoration company you call should be ready to respond twenty-four hours every day to emergencies. Remember that time is of the essence and waiting will just allow the water in your home to spread further causing more damage.
Some safety tips for you to follow when you have a flood.
1. Safeties first, don’t try to be a hero. Walking from a wet surface to a hard one can spell disaster if you fall down.
2. Call your neighborhood water damage professional.
3. Save what you can while being very careful. Just light things only, don’t try to move heave items especially when the floor is wet.
4. Let the professionals do their thing, and then you can enter the area ounce the area has been safely returned back to a somewhat safe condition.
By following these simple tips you will be much relieved when you experience a water damage flood first hand.
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Tile & Grout Cleaning, Grout Color Sealing
- Carpet Repairs & Re-Stretching
- Mattress Cleaning
- Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Infrared Leak Detection
- 24 Hour Water Damage Tampa Restoration, Structural Drying and Repair
- Carpet & Upholstery Protection
Follow These Steps To Get Help Fast!
1. Call us 24 hours at (813) 428-1288
2. Our certified technicians will arrive within 90 minutes
3. We dry your home or business & bill your insurance directly