Egg salad is one of the things that many people make and enjoy on a regular basis. You can use it as a spread for bread as well as many other ways to enjoy it. It is easy enough to make since all you would basically need are some eggs, mayonnaise, and other herbs and spices that you prefer.
While egg salad is very tasty and makes for a great spread, it can be pretty messy to eat. The egg salad can seep out of the bread sometimes without you noticing it and it could end up on your carpet causing a very ugly stain that you would have to clean up. Removing this can be very hard but it is not impossible to do. Just follow the advice below and you will surely restore the cleanliness of your carpet in no time.
• Begin the process by using paper towels to scoop up the egg salad which have been spilled on your carpet. You can use the paper towels to blot the food particles until there is no more left behind on the carpet fibers.
• Next, get a 1/4 cup of water and pour it on the spot where the egg salad was spilled. This is going to help make the stain lighter and prevent it from setting on your carpet fibers. Blot it with some clean paper towels before moving on to the next step.
• Prepare a cleaning solution that will help remove the egg salad stain using some non-bleach laundry detergent and some warm water. A combination of one teaspoon of the laundry detergent and a cup of warm water is the appropriate mixture for an effective cleaning agent.
• Apply some of the cleaning solution that you made on the egg salad stain on your carpet. Then use a clean white cloth to gradually blot the stain from the outer portion moving inwards. Do this repeatedly until the time that the stain is completely removed. It will not take too much time and eventually the stain will be totally gone.
• Rinse the carpet area where the egg salad stain used to be with some water and then dry it off using some paper towels. This is going to ensure that there will be no residue that could be left behind on your carpet fibers. Once this is done, your carpet will be totally restored to normal.